Friday, January 2, 2009

Quiet Time


Mark 1:35 And in the early morning, while it was still dark, He arose and went out and departed to a lonely place, and was praying there.
We all need some quiet Time. We are facing a new year. The accomplishments and disappointments of 2008 are behind us now. The potential and possibilities of 2009 lay ahead. It is important each day that we pull aside and have some Quiet Time Time to reflect, think, pray, focus. Spend some time with God. Seek His face and His will for your life. So many voices call to us each day. We must listen closely for the voice of God and it can best be heard when we are still. Make a commitment, a Covenant, to spend 15 minutes alone every day this year with God. It will be a great investment of your time. He will be waiting for you in that quiet place each day. Don't let Him down. We were created to fellowship with Him each day.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Jeff, you told us the devil would be working hard against us...today my brand new laptop froze with a crazy thing called malware, or something like that, my boss called and gave me my new quota...way higher than is possible to achieve, and I didn't sell anything because I had to go to the office and get my computer fixed. What happened next? I came home tonight and checked my email. It reminded me of the daily devotions. I came on line and grabbed some quiet time. Whew, I think I can face tomorrow. Bring it on, devil, I'm ready for you. Thank you for doing the daily devotional!!

    ReplyDelete