Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Are You Listening?


I used to know a Pastor that would lean up over the pulpit and whisper in the microphone slowly...."Are you Listening?" Sometimes when I am preaching I look out at some members of the congregation and wonder the very same thing. I also believe God wonders that about us many times. He tries to tell us how to live through His Word but often times we ignore it. He speaks to us in our prayers but do we pay attention? I remember my dad used to lecture me and right in the middle of the lecture would stop and ask, "are you listening to me young man?" Maybe we are ADHD or preoccupied, but listening to God is very very important. Notice the Deer in this picture. It is clear they are alert and listening. If they were not they would not last long. Is God trying to speak to you today? Maybe through His Word, or a prayer, or a friend, a book or maybe even a devotion that you might be reading. What is God saying to you today? Are you listening?
Psalm 78:1 Listen, O my people, to my instruction; Incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
I welcome your comments, thoughts, prayer requests. nc_jeff@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment