Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fear or Faith


Deuteronomy 31:6 (New International Version)
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
I remember the first time I climbed up on the high dive. There was a line, so once you went up there was no going back. You would have to ask all the kids behind you to back down the ladder and it would be too embarrassing. It looked high from the pool but once a was up there on the board looking down it looked like it was about a mile to the water. I was scared, really scared. But, then I saw something that calmed my fears. My father was in the water below waiting for me to jump. I knew I would be OK he would not let anything happen to me. So, I jumped and it was awesome. Today you might be facing something that looks very scary from where you are but remember your heavenly Father is right there and He will not let anything happen to you. He helps us overcome our fears and try things we would never try without His encouragement and support. So go ahead and jump you don't know what your missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment