Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Looking for Leadership, Truth, a Real Change. Then Look to the Cross


By the time you read my devotion tomorrow morning we will have elected a new President of the United States. Some of you will be very happy that your candidate won and others will be disappointed their candidate lost. I must tell you I am pretty disappointed with the whole process this year. Not just the Presidential Race but all the races I have witnessed. I would estimate that 9 out of 10 TV ads I watched told me nothing about what the candidate stood for but just negative information about their opponent. The one thing I am confident in is that no matter who wins today God is still on His throne and in charge of the Universe. No matter how much change we are promised God will be the same yesterday, today, and forever. That if I need to find truth I will always be able to find it in God's Word. If I need real Wisdom all I have to do is ask God for it. If I am seeking real leadership I do not have to look any further than the man who gave His life for me and you on a Cross 2000 years ago. If I want peace I will turn to the Prince of Peace. If I want hope for the future I will turn to one who gives us a future, and a hope.We have heard so many empty temporary promises that will fade as soon as these candidates have won their elections. I am glad we have a God who will be faithful to all of His promises now and forever. I don't know who you trust but I do not have to look any further than our national motto which appears on every U.S. coin..... "In God We Trust." Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. So no matter who occupies the White House God still occupies the Great White throne. Remember to pray for our leaders and may God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment