Wednesday, September 3, 2008

So Peaceful.......Thursday September 4, 2008



When I saw this picture it looked so peaceful. As I look out my window this morning in Wilmington North Carolina the sun is shinning and it is a beautiful day. But off the coast there are three storms brewing. Hanna, Ike, and Josephine. In our lives it may seem peaceful today but ahead are storms named Failure, Divorce, Depression, Sickness, etc. These storms may or may not make it to the shores of our lives but if they do it is go to know that we serve a God of Peace. The presence of Christ in our life can bring us peace when the storms of life are raging. An assurance that the Creator of the Universe resides in me. There is nothing in my life that will happen today that God can not handle. That is a comforting thought to me. "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."


Philippians 4:7 And the Peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. What a great verse, I needed that one today! And tomorrow, and the next...:) There are some days that I feel like I should be so overwhelmed, but instead I feel at peace. It's an amazing feeling that leaves no question that's it's God's hand on my heart. It's so nice having these daily devo's to read. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete