Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thanks


Psalm 52:9
God, I will thank you forever for what you have done. With those who worship you, I will trust you because you are good.
We write and receive thank you notes all the time but I wonder how long it has been since we expressed our thanks to God. Oh I know we say the blessing before meals, or least we should, but just to say "thanks" for all the things God has done for us. I would like to encourage you to try something. Take a sheet of paper and write down one thing you are thankful for today. Then each day for the next 30 days write one or two things on that paper. It might surprise us how many things w have to be thankful for. Really thankfulness is a matter of perspective. It means looking at the things you have rather than longing for the things you want. I hope you will make that list.
Thank you for reading this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment