Friday, August 28, 2009

Sticks and stones...


Psalm 141:3-4
Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth;Keep watch over the door of my lips. 4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing, To practice deeds of wickedness With men who do iniquity; And do not let me eat of their delicacies.
When I was a younger I heard and repeated a little saying that goes like this..."Sticks and stones may break may bones but words will never hurt me." Well, we all know by now that is not true. Words are very powerful and do have the ability to hurt us and possibly even damage us for life. But the opposite is also true. Words may hurt but they also have the power to help and in many cases heal. Today let us choose our words carefully. Make it a point to encourage someone today, to say something positive. You could make the biggest difference in someones life. Be on a mission today, be intentional about this. I still remember things people said to me that hurt but I am where I am today because I listened to the words of encouragement from friends and from Christ. Words are the tools we will use today to be constructive or destructive. Just like Sticks and Stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment