Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Still Waters


(Photo by Corliss Sinclair)

The psalmist David penned the Twenty-third Psalm, possibly the most widely recognized passage in the Bible. You know how it goes: “The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul…” (Psalm 23:1-3a). There is something about being still that allows God to speak to us. Our lives can be like the restless waves of the ocean, leaving us little time to reflect on God or to hear his still, small voice. We sometimes need to find a quiet place--still waters--to regain perspective and focus. It is only in still waters that we can see our own reflection. Take a good look. Are we reflecting Christ to others? If his image is not shining through us, we need to draw closer to him. His sweet presence will restore our soul.
Click on the link below and turn up your speakers. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment