Thursday, March 4, 2010

Where are You Going?


Proverbs 20:24
A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?
Well you know where you have been. The question now is, where are you going? Do you have a plan, a dream, a vision? Are you doing anything about it? For six years I was Dean of Students at a small Bible College in North Carolina. A lady came in to talk to me about returning to school. She always wanted to attend college and pursue a degree to learn more about the Bible. At the end of our talk she said, " But maybe this is silly. I am 52 years old and in four years I will be 56." Then I asked her how old she would be in four years if she did not return to school. I was standing on the platform when she received her degree, she hugged me and cried and then looked me in the eyes and said, Thank You. Where are you going?
Jeff Nichols
Anchor Baptist Church
Wilmington, N.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment