Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Whooooo Do You Love?



Many times a day we will hear people use the word "Love". They use it in various ways. Someone might say "I Love Baseball" or "I Love Pizza"

or "I Love going to the beach" or my personal favorite "I Love You". Can this word mean the same thing each time. Do we really love someone like we love Pizza? The Greeks had several words for Love. For example Eros meant erotic love, Phileo on the other hand was brotherly love (Philadelphia...city of brotherly love) and , there is Agape God's perfect love for us. A good example of Agape Love would be wanting the very best for someone while while they were doing the very worst to you. Christ said we should love God with all our Heart Soul Mind and Strength, and Love

your neighbor as yourself. Luke 10:27 So I ask you Whooooo do you Love? If it is God tell Him we all like to hear the words I Love You. So be WISE as an Owl. Think of all the people you Love and before this day is over call them, write them, see them, and tell them I Love You.

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying the daily devotionals! Its a nice way to get the day started before all the crazy hits!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one hits home for me. It's so easy to get wrapped up in all the negative vibes of people that I forget to tell the one's who make life wonderful, just how wonderful they are. Although the amazing friends I have make it easy to compliment them on a daily basis. Thanks for the fun reading!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with this site. It will be my daily devotional from now on. It's great sharing the same devotional with others on a daily basis and comments also.It's nice to be led and uplifted each day before life happens and should it be at the end of the day it's soothing.
    Thank you for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete